I confess that after I picked up the iPhone Wednesday night, I went to Apple to buy AppleCare and was told that I needed to have Lion or Mountain Lion installed on my MacBook in order to use the phone with it. Seeing as I still have the old black Macbook from 2006 that is running Snow Leopard (and probably can't handle updating to the latest OS) this was frustrating.
I confess that I then spent over an hour contemplating whether or not to buy a new MacBook Pro. Which is something I've been contemplating for MONTHS and always talking myself out of because I like seeing that nice and large savings account.... I was also talked off the ledge by Kristina, Julie, and the roommate about it...
I confess that a different Apple sales rep may have told me that it was possible to work with my old computer with some extensive updating and work arounds.
I confess that by that time I'd already talked myself into the laptop. So I just bought it. Goodbye 3/4ths of my savings... Which was stressful, but also a little exciting.
I confess that when I look at my new MacBook Pro, then look at my old black MacBook, I feel a little sad. That little black one is running so well still after all these years-it has so much spunk!
Other confessions about this whole MacBook situation:
- I haven't hardly even played with it because it took so long to set up and I've been so crazy busy running around all week!
- My new iPhone 5 is not much different than my 4... Though I will use the hell out of the new and better camera, and I'm glad it's faster.
- I'm super excited to finally play that Sims 3 I purchased over 6 months ago...
I confess that I am SO ready for the CFPU Howl-O-Ween benefit to be over. It's going to be AMAZING, and we have created something spectacular-but it has been SO much work. I'm sure I'll do it again next year though-I hope more people come!
I confess that I set an alarm for myself in the mornings so that I don't take too long of a shower... You know you are stressed when that alarm goes off and you realize you've been standing there for 10 minutes not washing, but thinking over your To Do list...
My To Do List:
- Pick up gift bag stuff from Big Cartel
- Pick up gift bag stuff from Paw Paw's Dog Wash & Boutique
- Call Mandate Press again to see if they still want to put something in
- Pick up The Park Cafe's & the Utah Opera programs from Catherine
- Pick up Cottonwood Animal Hospital's stuff from Ashlee
- Pick up the CFPU stuff and the printed bags from Mikhale & CJ
- Stuff all 150+ bags once I have all of the stuff (my Friday night will be so thrilling!)
- Swing by the mall to get a screen protector and case for the new iPhone
- At the mall grab a little top hat for my costume
- Go to the theatrical makeup store for red stage makeup
- Put my read dye in my hair
- Go to the Farmers Market (EARLY tomorrow) to pass out event flyers
- Pick up remaining donations from Ashlee's house (3pm tomorrow)
- Set up the event (3:30pm-6:30pm tomorrow)
- Have the event (7pm-11:30pm tomorrow)
- Clean up the event (11:30pm-2:00am tomorrow)
- Die. The end. Ha!
I confess that I'm still contemplating whether I can fit in October Fest tonight with my friends for dinner, but right now I'm leaning towards no... haha.
What do you have to confess?