Thursday we ran errands. First we went to lunch at Curry in a Hurry, and it was soooo good. Chicken Coconut Curry, Lamb Curry, and Cauliflower Curry. Delish! I swear they put crack in their rice-it's so addicting!
Then we had to run to the mall so the roommate could take his computer in to Apple. While he was getting that done, I trekked over to Bath & Body Works and stocked up on all my Fall Favorites...
Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin Lotion x2, Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin Body Spray, Leaves Candle, and a Squirrel air freshener (for my car) with Leaves and Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin refills! Yum!
Then we spent the rest of the day running around trying to find tubes for the trip. It was extremely difficult, and every sporting goods store I called said they didn't carry them (WTF?) but I finally found some at Smith's. They were the snow kind, but they work! We got all of our groceries and went home to Pack.
Friday we got a late start but we finally made our way up to Ogden to pick up gorgeous Ortie and then made our way up to Idaho to go to Oneida Narrows. It's so pretty up there (except for the fact that I think it's even more dry than Utah, and there are bugs everywhere!) Sadly my nice camera decided to not work anymore once we got up there, so it may be time for a new one soon!
Once everyone was up there and we had firewood we made hotdogs and sat around and talked.
Saturday we got to go Tubing. I went the first short ride, but sat out the second ride due to a sour stomach. It was okay though, they went down the part that scares me so I didn't mind missing it that much!
While they were gone I started putting together Ortie's recipe for Chicken Hobo Dinners. They were amazing, and probably the best Hobo dinner I've ever had! I threw in a chicken breast, a handful of fresh green beans, a handful of chopped Potatoes, a handful of chopped onions, a few slices of red pepper, garlic salt, black pepper, a little water, and a few squirts of ranch dressing. Then you shake it up and cook it on the coals. It would work in the oven too-it was soooo tender and juicy!
If there is one lesson I have learned camping, it's HYDRATE! This is the second time I've given my muscles a good workout, then not had enough water and had alcohol (which helps dehydrate you) and then gone to bed... Once the cold hits and my muscles contracted I was in agonizing pain all night long! I did this in CA too, next time I'm going to need to make sure to drink more water-it's miserable!
Other things making me happy this week:
- I got a back order Indie Gift Box in the mail this weekend as a surprise. The whole ordering it thing was such a mess, I was extremely discouraged with their whole deal and figured I'd never try them again due to the frustration. However, it was very impressive that they worked so hard to put together extra boxes for some of us that were burned, so I will commend them on that and consider supporting them again someday.
Far Field EP CD from Sharaya Mikael, Lace bracelet from This Enchanted Pixie, Flower hair clips from Kharliebug Handmade $10, Lip balm from Karibou Crafts, Necklace (Tree of Life) from Anirtak
- That Valor and I are going to start going to the gym next week. I need to do something!
- That my party is this weekend, and I can't wait to have a good time with a bunch of friends!
- My Snake makes me happy. I'm really really not a snake person-but I do love her.
- That Creative Goddess Swaps is all set up, and Swapoween is coming!
- The new Alanis Morissette album Havoc and Bright Lights. I pre-ordered it and downloaded it all last night-it is soooo good! I'm going to listen to it all day!
How was your weekend?